Saturday 17 October 2020

STORE CUPBOARD & FREEZER QUICK BLACK BEAN CHILLI

 Wow!! What a week? It's been all over the place on so many levels I ended up thinking it was tomorrow half the time. Think I'm back on track now.  It's Saturday, isn't it???? Well, it is at the time of writing.

Market Monday was brilliant as I managed to get my Christmas meat ordered from my family butchers Bruce's Butchers, another bunch of plants for a winter pot for outside the front door and sampled some street food which was gluten free; one of which was gifted to me.  Thank you HQ Jerk Chicken.  I also picked up my new glasses so I can now see; haha.

Mighty fine Jerk Chicken (not the best photo)

Out and about again on Tuesday to Dobbies (Dobbies Gillingham)with a friend for a quick catch up and coffee plus a bargain cyclamen, reduced price gluten free rolls and some wild flower seeds including Yellow Rattle which will help to control the grass in the wildflower area.

Wednesday onwards it all went a bit Pete Tong! I ached like hell in my hip, legs and back and my son had a meltdown, so I didn't get around to the marmalade making and dinners ended up as 'throw it all together in a pan' type dinners, but that's what normality is, isn't it?? I'm not a chef, I don't work in the food industry, I'm just a mum who cooks gluten free and life often gets in the way of cooking plans. I did manage to plant garlic and onions this week in the veg patch though, along with a bit of digging help from the neighbour's ginger cat; lol



Hopefully next week will be better.


STORE CUPBOARD AND FREEZER QUICK BLACK BEAN CHILLI

A handful or two of frozen chopped onions

A squeeze or two of garlic paste

A squeeze or two of tomato puree

A handful or two of frozen mixed peppers

1-2 tins of black beans, drained

1 tin of tomatoes

1tbsp cajun ragin seasoning (Steenbergs)

1tbsp cocoa powder

Salt and pepper

1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped (optional)


1) Literally bung the whole lot in a saucepan, apart from the coriander, cover with some water if it isn't covered already and simmer until it's all cooked through and hot.  Believe me, the cocoa powder makes all the difference and helps to thicken the sauce. Season to taste and add the chopped coriander and stir through.


This served 3 people, but you can judge yourself if you need to add more depending on persons and appetite.

You can serve this with rice, potato wedges or jacket potatoes as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment